
In honor of the beautiful winter season I have decided to assist you by informing you of some of the dangers that the winter season can bring to your body and simple tricks to solve the problems that they bring about. Firstly, dryness is increased in the winter. The lack of humidity in the air can begin to dry out your skin from the outside while on the inside, the constriction of your blood vessels means less blood flow to the sweat and oil producing glands, thus drying out your skin from the inside. The simple solution here is to moisturize, make sure to apply lotion to your skin to prevent major dryness. This applies to lips as well as chapped lips can be uncomfortable and unsightly so stock up on the chap stick. Another winter issue can be lack of exercise as the weather keeps us indoors and convinces us warmth is more important than building up that muscle. If you have a treadmill then you have no excuse but those of us that don't, get out there and run! Running will warm you up so you won't feel as cold not to mention the temperature will help burn off some extra calories. One final thing that you should be aware of, especially for those of you who have disregarded my advice thus far and so do not have the thirst of those that have been working out, Hydration is very important in the winter. Many people forget to keep drinking their water as they aren't feeling hot. That's no excuse! Be sure to continue to hydrate and refresh your system daily through a healthy amount of H2O consumption and stay Fresh!
photo credit: carrotsncake.com
I'll make sure to workout and run during the winter. I've got to go and get some lotion.
ReplyDeleteA shame I don't have any lotion. Should I buy strawberry or melon scented? :P
ReplyDeleteIn any case, I think this is a solid analysis backed with good advice.