
Written by Bill Myers, this series is a must read for today’s youth. A popular writer for teens and pre-teens, Myers tackles some tough issues relating to the spiritual realm in this book. There are 12 books total in the series and each one deals with different issues such as Wicca, hypnosis, and practices such as Voodoo and the use of Ouija boards. The stories are based around siblings, Rebecca and Scott Williams who have newly moved to Crescent Bay, California. At their new school they find dark happenings and end up with enemies because of their faith. Through this they discover how the power of God is far greater than the power of the occult. I highly recommend it to anyone reading this review and you can find these books in the IGA library or online at http://www.forbiddendoors.com/home.htm.
photo credit to: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51387X2v2AL.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thriftbooks.com/viewDetails.aspx%3FASIN%3D0842372032&usg=__XnuqSMGZRFtVzRqr_ZmjD4fiSo0=&h=500&w=306&sz=37&hl=en&start=3&zoom=0&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=lQi-LpxueoTMzM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbill%2Bmyers%2Bforbidden%2Bdoors%2Bbook%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1
Good job :) It gives a good idea of what the series are about, but doesn't give away everything..
ReplyDeleteOOoo, I read one of these! Twas sweet. Nice job advertising the library too!! ;)
ReplyDeletehows it going?
ReplyDeleteI like books
ReplyDeleteand cheese
ReplyDeletecheesy books are da best
ReplyDeletelike "The Eat All You Want Diet"
ReplyDelete